Please follow the directions and respond. There is not a need to write more than 2 or 3 sentences.
Margaret M. Winn
· On February 24, 2017, President Trump issued Executive Order 13777, with the objective of reducing the regulatory burden on the American people.
· It requires federal agencies to undertake a review of their regulations to identify those that can be repealed, replaced, or modified.
· As part of this effort, federal agencies are soliciting public comments. It is important that A Team members comment on regulations that affect choice.
· Department of Education (DOE) Secretary Betsy DeVos has invited the public to submit comment advising her what regulations or guidance should be repealed, replaced, or modified.
· DOE has limited the choice of where a person can work in their interpretation of the law.
· Further details can be found in this Action Alert through ACCSES http://mailchi.mp/accses/action-alert-dept-of-education-public-comments-due-sept-20?e=3f8f22d430
Be an ADVOCATE: Your Comment Counts!
It must be submitted by 11:59PM Eastern on September 20, 2017. Go to this web address and click on “Comment”. (Date has been extended from 8.20.17 to 9.20.17)
PLEASE Cut and Past this into the beginning of your comment – to ensure it is matched to the correct regulation– I am commenting on Regulation ID: ED-2015-OSERS-001-1167, State Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program; State Supported Employment Services Program; Limitations on Use of Sub-minimum Wage.
Considerations to comment on:
1. Self-advocates tell where you work and why it is important to you.
2. Family members – tell DOE why the government shouldn’t take away work choices for your loved ones. Share your testimony as to why Community Rehabilitation Programs are important.
3. Tell DOE that WIOA regulations as written, limit the choices for training and employment for individuals under the age of 25 as they are not allowed to choose a Community Rehabilitation Program that offers training using the 14C special wage certificate.
4. Tell DOE the regulation is adverse to The Ability One and State set-aside programs, and to Community Rehabilitation Programs, by adding definitions and provisions that go beyond the intent of Congress in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, and thus will result in a loss of choice in jobs for individuals with disabilities.