It is an exciting time to be involved in grassroots efforts to support expanding CHOICE for people with disabilities! After several years of frustrating policies, we have seen the momentum shift. In fact, right now, there is legislation in Congress that would expand employment options for people with disabilities. The bill, H.R. 5658 or the Workplace Choice and Flexibility for Individuals with Disabilities Act, would amend the definition of Competitive Integrated Employment. As you know, Competitive Integrated Employment is so narrowly defined by the government that it is causing people with disabilities to lose out on work opportunities. This bill will go a long way toward fixing the problem. Yet, that is not all H.R. 5658 does. It also represents a giant step forward in keeping the momentum going.
We need your help! We cannot do this without all of you. With your help we can improve the lives of people with disabilities all over the country and ensure that every person has the right to pursue the work and residential choice that best aligns with their goals and abilities.
What can I do?
Tell your representative to co-sponsor H.R. 5658.
- CLICK HERE to go to the ACCSES Action Center – “Support and Cosponsor H.R. 5658”
- Tell your Members of Congress to cosponsor and pass this important bill to increase employment opportunities for people with disabilities. The subject and message o
- f the body is already filled in. However, feel free to add your own personal comment.
- Based on the address you enter, your message will immediately be sent to the appropriate representative.
- Tell your family and friends to do the same!
Show Congress that CHOICE matters.
Be part of the force for change.
View our video at here